18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 (Fast-Track Course)
Duration: 1 Day
Installations designed after 31st December 2018 will have to comply with BS7671:2018. The regulations apply to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations, also additions and alterations to existing installations. Existing installations that have been installed in accordance with earlier editions of the Regulations may not comply with this edition in every respect. This does not necessarily mean that they are unsafe for continued use or require upgrading. Virtually everyone working in electrical installation needs to be up to date with the latest wiring regulations. It is essentially the latest guidelines to show compliance with Electricity at Work Regulations. Many installers and employers require it, as do governing bodies and competent person schemes.
A summary of the main changes to the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 electrical course is given below:-
- Scope, object and fundamental principles (reg. 133.1.3)
- Definitions (this has been expanded and modified)
- Protection against electric shock
- Requirements for equipotential bonding of water pipes
- Max disconnection times for socket outlets and RCD protection
- RCD protection for domestic lighting circuits
- New regulation on IT systems
- Protection against thermal effects
- New regulation recommending the installation of arc fault detection devices (AFDDs)
- Amendments to voltage disturbances and AQ criteria
- New chapter on devices for isolation and switching
- Selection and erection of wiring systems
- Requirements for cables to be adequately supported against premature collapse in the event of a fire
- Protection, isolation, switching control and monitoring
(this chapter has been completely revised)
- Section 534 focuses mainly on SPDs for protection against transient over voltages and requirements for voltage protection level
- Earthing arrangements and protective conductors
- Two new regulations concerning earth electrodes
- Requirements for insertion of switching device in a protective conductor where there is more than one source of energy
- Other equipment (introduces a new scope)
- New regulation on ground recessed luminaires (reg.559.10)
- Inspection and testing
Completely restricted to align numbering with CENELEC standard
- Amendments and additional sections to special locations
- Changes to appendix 1,3,6,7,8 and 14
- Addition of appendix 17 – energy efficiency
Areas Covered in this course
Updates from the 17th Edition 3rd Amendment to the 18th Edition Only
This course will deal with only the updated sections of the wiring regulations.
Candidates will be able to use their prior knowledge from the 17th Edition 3rd Amendment and the knowledge gained from attending this course to complete the 18th Edition examination
Successful candidates will hold the full qualification. They will be able to demonstrate a better understanding of the 18th Edition of BS7671 and should be able to apply this knowledge within their role.
- Candidates need to have completed the 17th Edition Amendment 3:2015 qualification.
- Candidates will need to provide evidence of this qualification before enrolling on this course.
- Photographic ID will also be required before attending the 2 hour examination at the end of the course, failure to do so will prevent you from sitting this exam.
- Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition) – ISBN: 978-1-78561-170-4
- Scientific calculator
- Course notes will be supplied
- EAL: 603/3298/0
- EAL Level 3 Award in the requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018
Dates and Times
18TH EDITION WIRING REGULATIONS BS7671:2018 (FAST TRACK)
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
- Dates to be confirmed
Please call our office 01522 253250 for more information