EAL Diploma in Electrical Installations – Level 2
Price: £2150.00 (Inc. VAT & Certification Fees)
Interest free payment plan available for this course
Who is this qualification for?
- This course is a good starting point for learners who are new to the electrical industry and do not currently work within it but would like to pursue a career as an electrician or an associated industry that requires an understanding of electrical installation and science such as maintenance roles, renewable energy solutions, facilities management, local authority roles, entertainment or media. An electrical career is a very good choice in terms of variety and opportunity.
- For those currently working within the sector who would like to progress with their career and gain industry recognised qualifications which will then allow them to work across the domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural sectors.
- This course does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for learners who do not currently work within the electrical industry.
What is this qualification?
Qualification Title: 600/6724/X – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (QCF)
This qualification is accredited by Ofqual at QCF Level 2
The Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation courses are the most comprehensive electrical courses available enabling you to learn everything you need to know to work within the industry, even if you have no electrical experience to start with.
These qualifications will aid the learner to progress within their chosen career and will greatly help them when looking for employment within the industry. After completing the Level 2 and 3 Diploma courses many students go on to work within the industry either during their training or on completion of the courses.
This qualification allows the learner to acquire knowledge and craft skills of electrical installation. It does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for learners who do not currently work within the electrical industry. The qualification has been adapted from the QCF diploma within the Apprenticeship framework, so facilitates progression to the industry recognised qualification.
It will give the learner an opportunity to practice and be assessed on the installation of wiring systems together with the relevant theory of electrical installation. The learner will have the opportunity to utilise the IET On-Site Guide with some of the units and also acquire the knowledge of electrical science and principles.
- The Level 2 Diploma allows natural progression on to the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation course. On completion of these courses you will be able to progress within the industry and complete the Electrotechnical NVQ and AM2 qualifications whilst working.
- The City & Guilds and EAL Level 2 and 3 Diploma qualifications are interchangeable, meaning that if you have completed the Level 2 with City & Guilds you could finish with the EAL Level 3 qualification and vice versa.
- Both the EAL and City & Guilds qualifications are recognised by the Joint Industry Board (JIB) and by the competent person schemes such as the NICEIC and Napit.
- EAL are well known within the electrical industry and have extensively linked up with the NICEIC.
This course allows the learner to develop and practice the skills required for employment within the electrical industry. This qualification will cover all the underpinning and practical knowledge needed to progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation Course.
This course covers a wide range of training methods, you will learn invaluable hands on installation skills during practical sessions within our workshop which will give the learner ample opportunity to practice what they have learnt and be confident to carry these skills out practically, you will also learn the theory and science behind electrics in our air conditioned training room.
This course is delivered at our training centre and consists of a mixture of practical sessions within our workshop and theory sessions within our training room.
This qualification involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and a theory assignment.
The EAL assessments are taken on an ongoing basis throughout the length of this course, allowing the student to confidently focus on each step at a time.
The Level 2 Diploma has five mandatory units, which between them cover health and safety, electrical installation theory and technology, electrical installation methods, procedures and requirements, electrical installation craft skills and electrical science and principles.
Within the qualification the learner will have the opportunity to utilise the IET On-Site Guide and also be introduced to how regulations (including BS 7671) affect electrical installation. The qualification covers standard circuits as described in the On-Site Guide.
At Vimartech Training we know how difficult it can be to get time off work to complete a course this long or to fit in retraining alongside current work and family commitments, this is why we offer this course as an evening class and one Saturday per month (arranged with the group). This course takes about 12 months to complete.
Vimartech Training is a small training centre and we have small class sizes of no more that 10 students on each course, this allows students the time to learn, ask questions and practice what they have learnt within a supportive environment. Many of our previous students have started working within the electrical industry whilst undertaking this course and have gone on to progress with their qualifications and their chosen career path. At Vimartech Training we pride ourselves on the support we give to our students to enable them to confidently work within the trade.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
This qualification is suitable for a variety of people and you do not need any previous electrical qualification to join this course.
All candidates will require the following books and equipment to use for reference during the course and for their final exams:-
- Own pen and paper
- Scientific calculator
- Course notes will be supplied
TECHNICAL BOOKS REQUIRED
- Electrical Installation Work: Level 2 EAL Edition
- Publisher: Routledge ISBN: 978-0367195618
- Author: Trevor Linsley
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2018)
- ISBN: 978-1785614422
LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION COURSE
Low monthly, interest free payment plan available for this course
Full course cost: £2150.00 (price includes VAT and all exam and certification fees)
Pay by Installments:-
- 1 x payment of £500.00 due 7 days before course commencement or on enrolment
- 11 x payments of £150.00 per month thereafter
Alternative Payment Plans:-
- Individual/alternative payment plans can be arranged between the learner and Vimartech Training. Please let us know on booking if you would like to arrange this option.
- 600/6724/X – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (QCF)
WHO SUPPORTS THIS QUALIFICATION:
- This qualification is supported by NFEC (National Forum of Engineering Centres)
- This qualification is also supported by Certsure LLP trading as NICEIC & ELECSA
DATES AND TIMES
EAL – Diploma in Electrical Installations Level 2
Course Dates and Times
Course commences Thursday 10th September 2020 (fully booked)
one evening per week: 6pm – 9pm & one Saturday per month
Pay by instalment option available for this course
Please call our office 01522 253250 for more information
or to be added to our waiting list for the next course commencing September 2021