EAL Diploma in Electrical Installations – Level 3
Price: £2200.00 (Inc. VAT & Certification Fees)
Interest free payment plan available for this course
Who is this qualification for?
- This course is suitable for those who do not currently work within the electrical industry but would like to pursue a career as an electrician or an associated industry that requires an understanding of electrical installation and science such as maintenance roles, renewable energy solutions, facilities management, local authority roles, entertainment or media. An electrical career is a very good choice in terms of variety and opportunity.
- For those currently working within the sector who wish to develop their understanding, knowledge and skills to enable them to progress with their chosen career and gain industry recognised qualifications which will then allow them to work across the domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural sectors.
- This course does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for learners who do not currently work within the electrical industry.
What is this qualification?
Qualification Title: 600/9331/6 – EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation (QCF)
This qualification is accredited by Ofqual at QCF Level 3
The Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation courses are the most comprehensive electrical courses available enabling you to learn everything you need to know to work within the industry, even if you have no electrical experience to start with.
These qualifications will aid the learner to progress within their chosen career and will greatly help them when looking for employment within the industry. Good electricians are always required and this course will help you gain the knowledge and skills which will make you useful to an employer and greatly aid your chances of gaining employment within the industry. After completing the Level 2 and 3 Diploma courses many students go on to work within the industry either during their training or on completion of the courses.
- The EAL Level 3 Diploma is the intended progression route for candidates who have already achieved the 2365/EAL Level 2, 2330 Level 2 or 2360 Part 1.
- The Level 3 Diploma allows natural progression on to the Electrotechnical NVQ and AM2 qualifications.
- The City & Guilds and EAL Level 2 and 3 Diploma qualifications are interchangeable, meaning that if you have completed the Level 2 with City & Guilds you could finish with the EAL Level 3 qualification or vice versa.
- Both the EAL and City & Guilds qualifications are recognised by the Joint Industry Board (JIB) and by the competent person schemes such as the NICEIC and Napit.
- EAL are well known within the electrical industry and have extensively linked up with the NICEIC.
This qualification allows the learner to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation. It does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for learners who do not currently work within the electrical industry. The qualification has been adapted from the Diploma within the apprenticeship framework, therefore successful completion of the qualification facilitates progression to the industry recognised qualification. It provides the learner an opportunity to practice and be assessed in a secure environment on the installation and testing of electrical equipment together with the relevant theory of electrical installation to the current edition of the wiring regulations. The learner has the opportunity to utilise BS 7671 within some of the units and also acquire the relevant understanding of electrical science and principles.
This Diploma has mandatory and optional units. The mandatory units cover:
- Electrical installation design
- Environmental technology systems
- Electrical science and principles
- Electrical installation craft
- Inspection, testing, commissioning
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
The optional units cover:
- Overseeing and organising the work environment
- Requirements of BS7671:2018
- Small scale solar photovoltaic systems
This qualification also has integral health and safety in some of the units applicable to the topic being studied.
This course is delivered at our training centre and consists of a mixture of practical sessions within our workshop and theory sessions within our training room.
This qualification is assessed by a mixture of on-screen exams, practical assessments and theory assignments.
At Vimartech Training we know how difficult it can be to get time off work to complete a course this long or to fit in retraining alongside current work and family commitments, this is why we offer this course as an evening class. This course takes about 12 months to complete.
Vimartech Training is a small training centre and we have small class sizes of no more than 10 students on each course, this allows students the time to learn, ask questions and practice what they have learnt within a supportive environment. Many of our previous students have started working within the electrical industry whilst undertaking this course and have gone on to progress with their qualifications and their chosen career path. At Vimartech Training we pride ourselves on the support we give to our students to enable them to confidently work with the trade.
You will need to have achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation or equivalent qualification before commencing this course.
The EAL Level 3 course is the intended progression route for candidates who have already achieved the 2365 / EAL Level 2, 2330 Level 2 or 2360 Part 1.
It is also possible to join straight on to the Level 3 course if you have previous electrical knowledge and experience.
All candidates will require the following books and equipment to use for reference during the course and for their final exams:-
- Own pen and paper
- Scientific calculator
- Course notes will be supplied
TECHNICAL BOOKS REQUIRED
- Electrical Installation Work: Level 3 EAL Edition
- Publisher: Routledge ISBN: 978-1138917170
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2018)
- ISBN: 978-1785614422
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS:7671) 2018
- ISBN: 978-1785611704
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing, 8th Edition
- ISBN: 978-1785614521
LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION COURSE
Low monthly, interest free payment plan available for this course
Full course cost: £2200.00 (price includes VAT and all exam and certification fees)
Pay by installments:-
- 1 x payment of £550.00 due 7 days before course commencement or on enrolment
- 11 x payments of £150.00 per month thereafter
- Individual/alternative payment plans can be arranged between the learner and Vimartech Training. Please let us know on booking if you would like to arrange this option.
- 600/9331/6 – EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation (QCF)
WHO SUPPORTS THIS QUALIFICATION:
- This qualification is supported by NFEC (National Forum of Engineering Centres)
- This qualification is also supported by Certsure LLP trading as NICEIC & ELECSA
DATES AND TIMES
EAL – DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS LEVEL 3
COURSE DATES AND TIMES
COURSE COMMENCES WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 2020
COURSE RUNS ON A WEDNESDAY EVENING 6PM – 9PM
PAY BY INSTALMENT OPTION AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Please call our office 01522 253250 for more information