This course is designed to provide basic electrical skills to those who need to perform first-line electrical replacement maintenance tasks including the safe isolation, replacement and testing of a range of common electrical AC motors and control circuits in a safe and effective manner.
Importantly, the format of the course is specifically designed so that, when combined with suitable on-site consolidation of training, it will assist the maintenance manager in meeting the legal requirements for employee competence in electrical work.
This course aims to provide delegates with the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to undertake electrical maintenance on motors and motor controls safely and efficiently.
No prior electrical knowledge is assumed. The structure and content of the course is aimed at those who currently fulfil a maintenance role, for example mechanical fitters. Companies can use this course to help introduce flexibility to their workforce, as part of a multiskilling programme.
The course has an extensive hands-on practical approach, placing emphasis on safe working practice and on the development of useful, practical skills. Comprehensive course notes are provided.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Practice safe working methods on electrical systems
- Understand the relevant regulative requirements
- Perform electrical safe isolation, testing for dead on a range of devices and circuits safely.
- Access electrical enclosures and replace fuses, reset overloads Recognise the most common industrial AC motor types and understand their operation, connections and maintenance requirements
- Use electrical test equipment effectively and carry out testing of motors and motor starters (using insulation, continuity and clamp meters)
- Diagnose basic motor faults and recognise their associated symptoms Identify motor and control circuit faults using fault diagnosis and rectification techniques
- Use circuit diagrams as an aid to replacement and maintenance
No formal entry requirements. If you have no electrical qualifications, we recommend attending our basic electrics and safe isolation course prior to completing this course.
Vimartech Training Certification
No specific equipment required. We will supply everything you need to complete the course.
Course Dates and Times
ELECTRICAL & MOTOR CONTROL COURSE
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
- 28th & 29th September 2020
Please call our office 01522 253250 for more information